Additional Costs Croatia
- Additional costs highly depend on the way you and your crew want to spend the trip. Thanks to our Selectan algorithm you will be on the boat with the most likeminded people.
- Marina fees and fuel costs depend on the wind and weather conditions. The more windy days we have, the less fuel we burn. Additionally the better the weather is, the less often we stay in the marinas and the more often we visit natural parks.
- You will share the groceries costs among the crew and eat breakfasts and lunches together. On average one can assume to eat 2-3 dinners in restaurants and 2-3 evenings for going out ( these are not included in the calculation below).
Additional costs cover:
- Marina fees and diesel fuel
- National park entrance fees
- Drinking water for the yacht
- Water taxis
- Groceries + 1/8 food for the skipper
~90-140 € pp/week
WHAT IS 1/8 FOOD FOR THE SKIPPER?
The crew feeds the skipper. S/He is a part of your crew, s/he will eat with you, stroll in the cities with you and dance with you, as well as teaching you how to sail. You, as a crew, will share your meals on board with the skippers and cover the food expenses in restaurants (excluding drinks).
WHEN TO PAY ADDITIONAL COSTS?
Additional costs are to be paid upon arrival by each person into the common yacht cashbox. It literally is a box on your yacht. The crew chooses the cashbox keeper, who pays in the marina offices, to the national park authorities, in the petrol station and in the grocery stores.
While chartering a yacht it is normal to put down a certain amount of money as a deposit for the yacht. The deposit covers any damage that is caused during the cruise and is a security for the chartering company. For each yacht in this cruise, every crew should put down 1500-3000 EUR of a deposit. Any damage, higher than the value of the deposit, is covered from the yacht`s insurance (reduced by the deposit value).
This is how it is normally done, but I thought it might be somewhat troublesome for you. So I came up with the Trustful Social Deposit…
The Trustful Social Deposit
Not only we do not take any deposit from you, but also we use the strength of Naleian community to protect single individuals. How?
- A small amount from your booking fee is taken for the Trustful Social Deposit.
- The same is done from everyone who joins any Naleia Yachting trip.
- The amount that builds up is used as a sort of insurance.
When is it applied?
If anything happens whereby the obvious fault lies neither with you, nor on the malfunctioning yacht equipment (chartering company fault) the Trustful Social Deposit covers the damage. In this way I am minimizing the financial impact that any unforeseen accident might have on any Naleian.
Naturally, the Trustful Social Deposit, does not release you from the responsibility for any intentional damage (this is the trustful part :)).
EXAMPLE OF A TRUSTFUL SOCIAL DEPOSIT USE.
The best example is a torn sail. When this happens, the chartering company claims (usually) that the crew sailed the yacht in stormy conditions. You claim that the sail was not properly maintained. It is practically impossible to win this case. Therefore, the Trustful Social Deposit covers such matters for you.
I like questions. Ask me:
Error: Contact form not found.