Additional Costs Cyclades
Greece is still one of the most affordable countries to sail in. Infrastructure costs (marinas, fuel, groceries) are lowest in all our sailing regions.
- Additional costs highly depend on the way you and your crew want to spend the trip. Thanks to our Selectan algorithm you will be on the boat with most likeminded people.
- Marina fees and fuel costs depend on the wind and weather conditions. The more windy days we have, the less fuel we burn. Additionally the better the weather is, the less often we stay in the marinas and more often visit natural parks.
- You will share the groceries costs among the crew and eat breakfasts and lunches together. On average one can assume to eat 2-3 dinners in restaurants and 2-3 evenings for going out ( these are not included in the calculation below).
Additional costs cover:
- Marina fees and diesel fuel
- National park entrance fees
- Drinking water for the yacht
- Water taxis
- Groceries + 1/8 food for the skipper
~60-140 € pp/week
WHAT IS 1/8 FOOD FOR THE SKIPPER?
WHEN TO PAY ADDITIONAL COSTS?
While chartering a yacht it is normal to put down a certain amount of money as a deposit for the yacht. The deposit covers any damage that is caused during the cruise and is a security for the chartering company. For each yacht in this cruise, every crew should put down 1500-3000 EUR of a deposit. Any damage, higher than value of the deposit, is covered from the yacht`s insurance (reduced by the deposit value).
This is how it is normally done, but I thought it might be somewhat troublesome for you. So I came up with the Trustful Social Deposit…
The Trustful Social Deposit
Not only we do not take any deposit from you, but also we use the strength of Naleian community to protect single individuals. How?
- A small amount from your booking fee is taken for the Trustful Social Deposit.
- The same is done from everyone who joins any Naleia Yachting trip.
- The amount that builds up is used as a sort of insurance.
When is it applied?
If anything happens whereby the obvious fault lies neither with you, nor on the malfunctioning yacht equipment (chartering company fault) the Trustful Social Deposit covers the damage. In this way I am minimizing the financial impact that any unforeseen accident might have on any Naleian.
Naturally, the Trustful Social Deposit, does not release you from the responsibility for any intentional damage (this is the trustful part :)).
EXAMPLE OF A TRUSTFUL SOCIAL DEPOSIT USE.
I like questions. Ask me:
Error: Contact form not found.