Hoist The Sails in Croatia!
Our meeting point is the SCT marina in Trogir. It is 6km away from the Split Airport (SPU) and 126KM from Zadar Airport (ZAD).
There is plenty of alternatives to flying to Croatia and we encourage you to check if it possible for you to arrive in an eco-friendly way. Consider checking the following connections:
- Europe wide bus network: https://global.flixbus.com
- Europe wide ride sharing platform: https://www.blablacar.com/
- Local Croatia bus network: https://www.buscroatia.com/
- Combination of all public transport methods: https://www.rome2rio.com/
Meeting day and time
Please remember the following:
- Before the check-in day your skipper will email you and your crew to coordinate the very details of the first day and agree on the exact meeting point. Upon arrival you will recognize the yacht you will sail on by the Naleia Yachting flags.
- Check-in hour: 16h00. It would be great if you could arrive to the marina before 16h00 to have enough time to provision the yacht together with your crew. Later arrivals are allowed if you don’t have another choice. Your crew will do the shopping for you, so be considerate and bring them a little thank-you present. Sweets from your home country work best ;). We will leave the marina on Sunday morning, after the breakfast, and after the safety briefing.
- Check-out hour: 09h00 on the last day of the trip (Saturday). We spend the last night (Friday to Saturday) on board and have a captains dinner. Depending on the weather conditions we may be still outside Trogir which is why, please do not schedule your departure for Friday.
“Sundown Sailors” Route
⛵ 7 nights sailing,
☸️ professional skipper,
🏨 bed linen, towels, end cleaning,
🏄 SUP board and dinghy,
🔒 trustful damage deposit,
💎 travel insurance.
💰 cashbox contribution ca. 130 € pp (food, port fees, fuel),
Departure: Trogir Marina, Trogir.
Nearest Airport: Split Airport (SPU), Zadar Airport (ZAD).
Check Dates & Prices
Talk To Us*
*To sail at other dates; to organize a private trip; to get in touch.
Learn To Sail Course
Included in every trip we organize is a basic sailing course. We follow the methodology of the Royal Yachting Association and we go with you through the
Competent Crew course. The course may be extended to a more advanced manoeuvres if needed. The course is absolutely free of charge and the purpose is that you understand how to participate in most of the sailing related activities, feel safe and comfortable on the yacht and catch a bit of passion for sailing. The skipper is there for you to offer guidance while you and the crew are there to sail the boat. It’s a hands on experience. The sailing course serves also as a form of team building: providing easy goals for the crew to be achieved together.
Price: free; pre-course experience: none; assumed knowledge: none; minimum age: none; awarded certificate: none; sea miles confirmation: on request.
Course content: knowledge of sea terms and parts of a boat, rigging and sails, sail handling, ropework, fire precautions and fighting, personal safety equipment, man overboard, emergency equipment, meteorology, seasickness, helmsmanship, general duties, manners and customs, rules of the road, standard manoeuvres, dinghies.
Ability after the course: able to steer, handle sails and trim them to the wind, keep a lookout, avoid collisions, navigate (basic), read charts, plan a daily passage, row a dinghy and assist in all the day to day routines. Example of manoeuvres which you should be able to perform with your crew: hoisting and putting down the sails, jibing, tacking, trimming the sails, man overboard, Example of manoeuvres where you will assist your skipper: anchoring, mooring at the buoy, mooring in the marina.
Arriving instructions from Split Airport
Consider using one of these methods to arrive from Split airport to Trogir Marina.
- Taxi or Uber – it will cost up to 10 EUR to arrive with a taxi from the airport.
- Local bus – the bus number 37 stops just in front of the airport terminal and goes to Trogir as well as to Split. One way ticket costs around 2 EUR. You will get off on the bus station from where you will need to walk for around 15 minutes.
MARINA SCT TROGIR ADDRESS
Put brodograditelja 16, 21220, Trogir, Croatia, +385 21 444 600
Marina SCT Trogir
Additional Costs Sailing in Croatia
Except the booking fee there are variable additional costs which you should budget for. Additional costs highly depend on the way you and your crew want to spend the trip. These costs are only to be paid upon arrival. A volunteer from your crew will handle all the boat expenses.
Additional costs cover:
- Food: groceries, drinking water for the yacht, food for the skipper (ca 80% of the total)
- Yacht running costs: marina fees and diesel fuel (ca 20% of the total).
Please note that these additional costs do not include restaurant bills.
The Organizational Process
- Before you book: make sure this sort of social sailing experience is for you. Read more about our trips on our website: The Concept, Living On the Yacht, Yacht Life Rules, watch our photos, or videos, or fill our Expectations Checker.
- Booking: once you decide to book, go to: www.naleiayachting.com/book-now/ and follow the instructions on screen. If you are joining with a friend, create two separate bookings and write in the designated field that you want to share a cabin or be on the same yacht. If you book more than 40 days in advance you will pay only 50% of the booking fee to save your spot.
- Confirmations: Once you made the booking you will immediately receive an email with a confirmation and your invoice. We will send you a useful packing checklist to help you know what to take, best advice is to travel light!
- Balance payment: you will be automatically reminded to pay the balance (second 50% of the booking fee). No worries 🙂
- Before the check-in day: around 1 week before the departure your skipper will send you and your crew an email to connect the people and coordinate the check-in day. Upon arrival you will recognize the yacht you will sail on by the Naleia Yachting flags.
- Check-in: it would be great if you could be in the marina on the check-in day before 16h00. That should give enough time to provision the yacht and share a welcome dinner somewhere in the city in a comfortable pace. Late arrivals are accepted but need to be compensated to the crew with some local sweets from your home 😉
- Leaving the marina: usually we leave the marina only on the day after the check-in. There is so much to do on the check-in that rushing the departure kills the
- Coming back to the marina: we usually come back to the port on the day before the check-out day and have a dinner together. We still sleep on the boats! Note: sometimes, if the crew and the boat owner agrees, we come back to the marina very early on the check-in day.
- Check-out: the usual check-out time is 09h00 in the morning, which is when we need to leave the boats.
- After the trip: you receive an email asking you to review the trip you participated in, as well as an email to a photo-sharing server so that you can exchange memories with the other crew members.
Most Frequent Questions
WHEN CAN I CHECK-IN ON THE FIRST DAY AND WHEN DO WE ARRIVE TO MARINA ON THE LAST DAY?
Check-in is on Saturday at 14h00-16h00. If you arrive earlier, you can meet the other crew and prepare the week’s shopping list for the grocery shopping. That is why it is good to arrive not later than the check-in time. We leave the port next morning (Sunday) after breakfast.
We may arrive to the marina either on Friday evening or on Saturday morning, depending on weather, and the fleet operator. We can still spend the last night on the boat. We will have captains dinner on the last night, which means you should plan your departure only the next day, Saturday. We need to check-out and leave the yachts before 09h00 on Saturday morning.
WHO WILL BE ON MY YACHT?
Around 50% of the people who come to my sailing holidays are coming solo. 25% in groups of 2 and 25% in the group of 3 and more. As there is a few yachts I take special care in matching people to the crews. I even wrote a little blog post about that: Matching Yacht Crews for Sailing Holidays
WHAT DOES THE EXACT ITINERARY LOOK LIKE?
At Naleia we plan as we go according to the weather conditions and all crews` moods. There are a variety of places that we can visit, but the order and exact choice is only made each morning after verifying the weather conditions. Leave planning at home! We live for the moment!
A comfy bed on a fully equipped 12-16m sailing yacht, tender, end cleaning, tourist taxes, bed linen, towels, etc… If you join solo you share a same-sex cabin.
Pro Skipper who is in charge of sailing. S/he is a part of your crew, facilitates the trip and shows you the best secret spots.
Learn To Sail
Basic Learn-To-Sail course for anyone who wishes to learn. The course covers RYA Competent Crew course curriculum. It`s mostly hands on!
Damage waiver (no deposit needed) and a travel insurance covering sailing incidents. Be yourself and enjoy. We got you covered!